Jailbreak allows you to overcome all Apple restrictions and access any file on your iPhone, iPod touch, iPad, or Apple TV.
- Tethered jailbreak (you need to jailbreak your device every time you reboot your device, no need to reinstall apps, but the device isn’t fully functional until the next jailbreak).
- Untethered jailbreak (unlike tethered jailbreak it doesn’t go away after you reboot your device)
After the jailbreak you can install apps using Cydia app that installs automatically. It lets your download paid apps from AppStore for free.
- Find out IOS version
- Follow the instruction for your iOS version:
- iOS 3.1.2
- iOS 3.1.2—4.0.1, 4.3—4.3.3
- iOS 4.0—4.1
- iOS 4.1, 4.2.1
- iOS 5.0.1—5.1.1
- iOS 6.0—6.1.3, 7.0—7.0.4
- iOS 8.0.2 – 8.4
- After successful installation you need to add new repositories to Cydia and install AppSync tweak (more on how to install Cydia) – it will let you install games from mob.org automatically and manually
Important! You can’t jailbreak the following iOS:
- iOS 4.2.5 on iPhone4
- iOS 5.1 on iPhone4S
If you have those you need to update your firmware to newer versions or revert to previous one.